Tuesday, March 10, 2009

That Is Some Funny Shit

I have seen people roll their eyes when mention is made of America's Funniest Home Videos.  I say to hell to those people.  AFV is hands down the funniest show on television.  

Okay, so the hosts over the years have been... awkward.  

But the videos?  There is something beautifully universal about seeing a kid run into a screen door, or some octogenarian crash and burn dancing at a wedding.  It is the perfectly pitched combination of Murphy's Law and schadenfreuder.  Pure and basic hilarity.  

I just watched their 300th episode tonight (which is already airing in syndication), and I cannot remember a time I laughed so hard.  The show has been on the air almost as long as I have been alive, and they were showing some of the most fantastic clips.   Here is a two minute segment had me in tears.  


I want this television show to outlive me.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just in tears over here... flippin' hilarious!

-Carrie