Monday, February 23, 2009

An Oscar Blog Post, Addendum

So I sucked it up on my Oscar picks below. I totally ripped off Nate Silver's picks for the major categories, which was not the best idea. He totally pegged the election with his fancy computer models this year on his amazing blog, fivethirtyeight.com, so I thought he would successfully mathmatecize his way through the Oscars.

Nope.

But I thought the Oscars were great this year. Hugh Jackman was wonderful. The set-up of the stage, with all the great actors crammed to the front semi-circling the main podium, somehow made the entire thing more intimate. I was impressed and hope they keep it up.

And lastly, I should note that contrary to my previous post, Kate Winslet was nominated (and won) for The Reader and not Revolutionary Road. Pardon me while I go wipe this mud off my face.

No comments: